Jenelle VanValkenburg

Personal Trainer
Downtown YMCA

Degrees and Certifications:

  • BS Kinesiology, Sport Management
  • ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist
  • Schwinn Cycling Certification
  • SWC Boxing Certification

Areas I Specialize In:

  • Pre- and Post-pregnancy
  • Post Physical Therapy or Rehab
  • Bariatric Surgery Patients
  • Weight loss and management
  • Full and Half Marathon Training

My Training Philosophy:

  • It’s amazing to me what regular exercise can do for our health, both physically and mentally. Being fit is not a vanity thing...it doesn’t mean a size 0 or being stacked. Staying active and strong, eating clean, and being consistent is key to longevity and confidence. Sometimes our options are narrowed down as we age or have injuries, but we can always find things we enjoy. And you should always give yourself grace to take days off regularly to rest and enjoy some dark chocolate or a glass of wine!
  • (If you want it short and sweet):
    • 80/20 rule...exercise and eat clean 80% of the time, give yourself grace to rest and be a little less strict the other 20% of the time.
    • Do something active everyday, enjoy a variety of workouts, there can be too much of a good thing so do all in moderation, and be consistent and patient!

Interests and Achievements:

  • Running, hiking, cycling, rock climbing, spearfishing, traveling, cooking, eating, and raising two cute kids.
  • Finished 10 half marathons and 3 full marathons (including Athens, Greece!)
Jenelle VanValkenburg
kids playing ball

Proud Sponsors & Partners

  • Colorado Christian University Logo Safe_Place_

  • Centura-Penrose-St-Francis-Logo Colorado-Springs

Accreditation Partners