Strengthen Community by Volunteering
The role of volunteer distinguishes the Y as a place where everyone may take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change in our community. We welcome volunteers to work alongside us as we focus on strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Following are some ways to become involved as a YMCA volunteer:
- Coach a Youth Sports team - for many children, the Y is a starting point in learning that character is as important as skills in life and in sports
- Assist with Exercise Classes - The Y offers more than 500 Group Exercise and Aquatic Fitness Classes per week. If you have a specialty and want to help out, let us know.
- Read to a Preschool Class - early literacy has been a proven success trait for all children
- Greet people at the front desk - help welcome families, adults and seniors to the Y
- Serve as a role model for young people - serve in any number of tween and teen development programs
- Lead a small group - such as a book club for adults and seniors
- Help out in our offices - we welcome volunteers with office experience
- Be a part of a committee - choose from plenty of fundraising and event organization opportunities
Bring in the following application to your local YMCA to find out about volunteer opportunities.